I know i am not alone in this feeling. I have been dreaming about opening a indie game studio for the last four years, losing weight, learning how to play the piano, becoming a better illustrator, post content online and so much more. And have felt that I am not as close to those goals as I would like despite it being the same goals every year, for the last five years or more.
So this year I am going public with my goals, I am sharing what I aim to do so that it hangs over my head. And my peers or strangers on the internet can hold me accountable.
- Read 12 books minimum (one per month)
- Run 400km total
- Reach my ideal weight goal (around 75kg, currently at 90kg)
- Spend One hundred hours playing the piano
- spend One hundred hours drawing
- publish 3 commercially available short-games.
- Achieve winnings for 100,000usd or more.
- publish at least 48 “things” online (posts, videos, illustrations, etc..)
- Reach an audience of 10,000 people.
- Be incredibly happy with my wife, and create hundreds of new happy memories.
- Become a full time game designer and developer
None of this are really new goals to me, but in 2021 I will kill my old goals, to accomplish that backlog of things and propel myself forward to new unknown limits.
As Shia Labeouf told us in its infamous 2015 meme/video
”Don’t let your dreams be dreams”
Do you have goals you want to achieve this year? what are they? tell me on twitter!